Healthy growth & development
Our margarine, Blue Band is made from high quality vegetable oils, so it is an important source of essential fats and vitamins A, D and E for which there are not many other dietary sources. A thin layer of spread on bread every day makes a big contribution to the healthy growth and development of the whole family.
Growing children need to spread margarine
Recent international nutrition guidelines from WHO recognize the fact that people should minimize bad fats and consume sufficient good fats to stay fit and healthy. Experts also agree that for growing children, spreading soft margarine on bread is much better than spreading butter – which is full of saturated fat – and better than not spreading anything at all.
The right breakfast
Eating a nutritious breakfast in the morning with the right amount and the right kind of nutrients has been proven to enhance children’s ability to concentrate at school. A breakfast consisting of a slice of bread, spread with low-fat margarine plus a glass of low-fat milk is more balanced – and healthier – than bread with butter or sweetened cereals or breakfast snacks.
Improving children's nutrition around the world
Unilever has established a global partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme with the shared aim of improving children’s nutrition around the world. In support of this global agreement, Blue Band established a partnership with UN WFP and pledge to contribute to the effort to feed hungry through Blue Band’s Ramadan sales. Unilever believes that every child deserves the nutrition and hygiene he or she needs to develop to their full physical and mental potential. Making a contribution to solving this problem is in line with our Vitality Life Goals and a priority in our corporate responsibility strategy.
Goodness of Blue Band
Unilever is the world’s leading manufacturer of margarine. Blue Band was launched in Pakistan more than 20 years ago. It is a good source of 7 essential vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, D3 and E) that are necessary for healthy growth and development, both for children and adults.
Did you know?
- Our margarine helps you to grow well and live well!
- More than 90 percent of medical specialists dealing with children say that children need fat in their diet for healthy growth and development.
- Essential fats are building blocks for the body, but can’t be made by the body and must come from the diet. Margarine is a good source of essential fats.
- Nearly nine out of every ten primary school teachers interviewed for a recent study say that bad eating habits affects not only healthy growth and development, but also performance at school.
- Vitamin A helps maintain good vision and healthy skin.
- Vitamin B1 helps to boost energy in your body
- Vitamin B2 provides energy from carbohydrates
- Vitamin B6 helps nerves and forms red blood cells
- Vitamin D is good for bones and teeth
- Vitamin E helps to protect against heart attack and cancer